The Hague, 29 August 2019
The EU-wide Judicial Counter-Terrorism Register will enter into force next month. Its purpose is to strengthen and speed up judicial proceedings to combat terrorism and improve safety. The Counter-Terrorism Register will be managed by Eurojust, the EU Judicial Cooperation Unit, located in The Hague. To present the functioning of the Register, Eurojust invites you to a press conference on Thursday 5 September at 10.30 in the press room of the Council of the EU, Rue de la Loi 175, 1048 Brussels (Justus Lipsius), with the participation of:
- Mr Ladislav Hamran - President of Eurojust
- Mr Gilles de Kerchove EU Counter-Terrorism Coordinator
- Sir Julian King - European Commissioner for the Security Union
- Mr Frédéric Baab Former National Member for France at Eurojust, initiator of the Counter-Terrorism Register
- Mr Michael Schmid - Deputy Head of the Counter-Terrorism Team at Eurojust
Access with the EU interinstitutional press card or the Council 1-year summit badge 2019.
If you have none of the above, please send an e-mail to email@example.com attaching a valid national press card (media cards not accepted) and/or an assignment letter and ID.
For further information:
Ton van Lierop
00 31 70 412 5518
Mobile: 00 31 6 27194773
For all Eurojust press releases, please see www.eurojust.europa.eu (Press centre) .
If you would like to have Eurojust press releases delivered electronically to your inbox, please complete and submit this subscription form.