Working arrangement between Eurojust and the Iberomerican Association of Public Prosecutors
The purpose of this working arrangement is to encourage and develop strategic cooperation between the Parties in combating serious crime, particularly transnational organised crime, drug trafficking, trafficking in human beings, cybercrime and terrorism, as well as in the field of victims’ protection. Under this arrangement, only administrative personal data, that is contact details of contact points in the AIAMP and its permanent Specialised Networks, as well as of national authorities in EU MS and AIAMP countries, will be exchanged. Any exchange of operational personal data is excluded from the scope of this arrangement.
Cooperation between the Parties will not extend or go beyond their respective mandate. It may, in particular, include:
- The exchange of legal, strategic and technical information, including results of strategic analysis, information concerning substantive and procedural criminal legislation and practices, practical difficulties, best practices and lessons learned in judicial cooperation in criminal matters.
- Participation in training activities, including contributions to the development of courses, seminars, conferences, study visits, exchange programmes, etc.
- Inviting each other to awareness raising and knowledge building events on issues related to their respective mandate.
- Improving international cooperation in the field of criminal justice by facilitating the communication between the competent authorities of the Member States of the European Union and AIAMP;
- Ensuring mutual understanding and familiarisation with the requirements in cooperation in relation to serious crime, particularly transnational organised crime, drug trafficking, traffic of human beings, cybercrime and terrorism, as well as in the field of victims´protection.
- Exchanging best practices in fighting the most severe forms of crimes.