A financial contribution to the travel expenses of a candidate invited to attend a recruitment interview at Eurojust shall be granted, subject to the conditions set out in this Decision.
1. Travel expenses shall not be reimbursed where the distance between the place of residence and the place where the interview is held is 150 km or less.
2. Where the distance between the place of residence and the place where the interview is held exceeds 150 km, the basis for the calculation of reimbursement shall be based on the following criteria:
- the shortest and most economical standard return route by rail;
- the cost of a second-class rail fare;
- where the journey includes not less than six hours of night travel between 22:00 hours and 07:00 hours, the cost of a sleeper, on production of the ticket, or where the journey includes night travel of less than six hours between 22:00 hours and 07:00 hours the cost of a couchette, on production of the ticket, provided it is more economical than air travel option;
- the cost of seat reservations and transport of necessary luggage as well as supplements for special fast trains on production of the relevant tickets and/or vouchers.
3. The cost of travel by sea shall be reimbursed for the class corresponding to second-class rail.
4. Where a means of transport other than those specified in paragraphs 2 and 3 above is used, reimbursement shall be based on an allowance per kilometre calculated according to the cost of second-class travel by rail, excluding sleeper and other supplements, by the shortest and most economical standard route, as set out below:
- 1 – 1000 km: 0.12 EUR/km
- 1001 – 10000 km: 0.08 EUR/km
- 10000 and above: no allowance will be reimbursed
5. No local transport either in the place of departure or in the place of arrival will be reimbursed.
When the candidate is travelling by air, reimbursement shall be based on the most economical air fare on production of the original ticket and boarding cards. Reimbursement will be based on the actual expenses up to the applicable general flight ceiling for each EU Member State as calculated for external participants at Coordination Meetings at Eurojust. These ceilings will be published on the Eurojust website and will be updated on a yearly basis. For flights from non-EU countries the highest general flight ceiling applicable to EU Member States shall apply.
The place of residence from which travel costs are reimbursed shall be that specified in the letter of invitation issued by Eurojust. This will apply even where the candidate moves place of residence between the time of application and the interview date.
1. Where the distance between the place of residence and the place where the interview is held is 50 km or less, no contribution to subsistence expenses shall be made.
2. Where the distance between the place of residence and the place where the interview is held is more than 50 km but not more than 150 km, a flat-rate contribution of EUR 25 shall be made.
3. Where the distance between the place of residence and the place where the interview is held is more than 150 km, an accommodation allowance of EUR 100 shall be granted.
4. It shall cover expenses incurred as a result of the need to spend a night at the place where the interview is held and shall be granted for the day or days (periods of 24 hours) taken up by the interview.
5. The accommodation allowance shall be paid on presentation of a hotel bill.
In the case of interviews, payment of the sums due under this Decision shall be made by transfer in the currency of the country where the interview is held or in the currency of the country where the place of residence is situated by means of the monthly conversion rates fixed by the Commission for the purpose.
The Decision on the reimbursement of travel expenses for persons invited to attend an interview at Eurojust, AD 2008-7 4, of 2 December 2008 is hereby repealed
Annex - Ceiling on flight costs for candidates travelling to Eurojust