The new legal framework of Eurojust entered into force on 04 June 2009 to enhance its operational effectiveness. Council Decision 2009/426/JHA on the strengthening of Eurojust has the following main objectives:
- Improve the transmission of information to Eurojust;
- Create a common minimum basis of National Members’ powers;
- Establish emergency On-Call Coordination;
- Strengthen Eurojust’s ties with national authorities and cooperation with the European Judicial Network;
- Enhance relations with partners such as Europol, OLAF, Frontex, IntCen and third States.
A timely and efficient implementation of the revised Eurojust Decision both at Eurojust and in the Member States is essential in helping to provide an area of Freedom, Security and Justice for the citizens of the European Union.
Council Decision 2009/426/JHA is available in all official EU languages in the document library.